A tasty treat is not enough since the best dog training treats have to benefit your dogs and keep them healthy. Instead of just looking for something tasty, it will be great if you choose nutritious foods that contain important nutrients for your canine companions.
What is Omega 3
One of the essential nutrients needed by your dog is Omega 3. However, there are three types of Omega 3s. They are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). But what they need the most are EPA and DHA.
How Omega 3’s benefit your dogs
Now, the question is, what are the benefits of these fatty acids for your furred friends?
- Omega 3 is especially helpful for canines that suffer from inflammatory disorders. The right dose of omega 3 will help them to recover from the effect of allergies and early atopy.
- Omega-3 supplementation can support their neurological health and cognitive function, especially for your precious four-legged friends who suffer from age-related changes with behavior and mobility.
- Omega 3 is not only beneficial for older dogs since it can also help the neurologic development in puppies.
- Omega 3 contains anti-inflammatory abilities that help dogs that suffer from joint inflammation.
- Keeping your dog supplemented with omega-3 can reduce the risk of having heart problems and promote healthy blood pressure.
- Omega 3 can help your dog maintain healthy skin and a shiny coat. So say goodbye to ugly skin and coat!
Actually, the list goes on and on, but those main benefits are more than enough to let you know how important the Omega-3s are for your dogs. You can always ask your veterinarian in case you need more information about the benefits of omega-3 for your beloved babies.
The main source of Omega-3s
The main source of Omega-3s is fish, especially anchovies and sardines. You can directly feed your pets with frozen, fresh, or tinned fish or mix it with their dog food. Of course, you can also give your dogs other forms of omega-3s, such as fish oil. Again, you can add the fish oil into your dog’s diet or just give them fish oil supplements. However, remember to always ask your veterinarian when you are planning to change or add something to your dog’s diet. You can ask about the right amount and what kind of food is suitable for your dogs.
Well, those are the reasons why omega-3s are super beneficial for your dog. So you can find the right way to provide them with these amazing fatty acids with the right dose to help them grow, improve their neurologic development, and also to keep them healthy and happy. Of course, you can also search for other information related to your pets here on our pages, including about the best training treats for your dogs or what to feed and not to feed to your dogs. We will always provide the most updated and reliable information for all of dogs’ parents.